For some of us it is hard to imagine taking more than one medication, if any, but imagine this:
- Prescription 1: Take 3 times a day in the AM, Afternoon, PM
- Prescription 2: Take 1 time a week, AM
- Prescription 3: Take 2 times a day, AM, PM
- Prescription 4: Take 1 time a day, PM
- Prescription 5: Take 1 time a day, Afternoon
This isn’t a crazy scenario. According to a Mayo Clinic study, 20% of Americans are on 5 prescriptions or more! This is why our pharmacy has invested in the Dispill Multi-Dose packaging system. It is a huge benefit for our patients and caretakers and a peace of mind for our doctors.
For many, it is stressful to organize their medications because of the time and risk. Even for the most alert and organized people, there is still the danger of mixing up dosages and medication frequency. The CDC estimates that non-adherence causes 30-50% of chronic disease treatment failures and 125,000 deaths per year in this country.
Dispill packaging is a safe and convenient medication packaging system. These pre-packaged doses are safely filled directly by the pharmacist so there are no mistakes like traditional pill cases. Each Dispill blister p
ack contains 28 individual blisters that contain your prescribed medication for a specific time (morning, afternoon, evening, bedtime) and date.
Simply put if you are taking more than 5 medications, you should be using the Dispill Packaging system and its many benefits:
- Name, Medication, and Time & Date on each dose
- Color coded so you know exactly when to take it
- Safely filled directly by your pharmacist so there are no mistakes
- Detachable and portable doses
For doctors and patients looking to improve medication adherence, request (free) Dispill packaging at our pharmacy today. Have the comfort and safety of knowing you took the right medication at the right time. You’ve got better things to do than worrying about your medication.