At Glenwood South Pharmacy + Market, we are proud to carry a wide variety of North Carolina craft beers. Below you’ll find some of the local brews you can find in our store – stop in and grab an NC craft beer from our beer cave!
Five years ago, Eric first combined his passion and talent for gourmet cooking with over 20-years of engineering expertise, specifically in treating water. The process of releasing enzymes to break down starches into sugar and fermenting the sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide is second nature to a water engineer–while balancing delicious flavor is what a gourmet cook strives for. Hence the “blueprint” for great beer was born! Eric’s unique combination of talents led the way for the one-of-a-kind, handcrafted beer, each as original as a fingerprint.
Stop in our beer cave to pick up these Brueprint Brews!
- Coconut Lime Standard Sour – You put the lime and the coconut and drink them both up 4.5% ABV
- Saison De Brue – Delicious Farmhouse ale with the perfect balance of Turkish figs and local wildflower honey 6.5% ABV, 25 IBU
- Brue Scarlet – Sultry amber ale with a refreshing, balanced flavor 4.8% ABV, 33 IBU, 15 SRM
- Pale Brue Eyes – Crisp pale ale 4.6% ABV, 25 IBU, 6 SRM
- Edinbrue – Unique, frisky scotch ale that packs a “wee heavy” punch with sweet malty flavor 8.2% ABV, 19 IBU, 16 SRM
Kristie Nystedt, the first woman to own a brewery in the state of North Carolina, recognized a void in the market when it came to suppling homebrewers with local supplies and commercial brewers with efficient and quality tanks to produce their beer. So when Raleigh Brewing opened in 2013, it was alongside its two sister companies, Atlantic Brew Supply and ABS Commercial. Raleigh Brewing’s mission is to embrace the City of Oaks (Raleigh) with every beer brewed. From the murals of the capital city on the taproom walls, to the names of our beers and our involvement with local community organizations and nonprofits, they thrive for this city.
Stop in our beer cave to pick up these Raleigh Brewing Brews!
- Hell Yes Maam – Fruity, spicy, pleasantly warming, and dangerously drinkable. This beer is bursting with elements of pear, apple, bubblegum, & pepper 9.2% ABV, 23 IBU
- First Squeeze – Citrus is the name of the game with this effervescent American Wheat beer 6% ABV, 29 IBU, 5 SRM
Deep River Brewing is a 15bbl, 2 vessel brewhouse designed specifically for its location. It is known as “Johnston County’s First Legal Brewery.” Johnston County’s first legal batch of beer was produced on February 28, 2013 and the brewery officially opened its door on April 6, 2013. Deep River strives to use locally grown raw materials for their brews whenever possible.
Stop in our beer cave to pick up these Deep River Brews!
- Double D’s Watermelon Lager – contains 100% malted barley, finishes dry, with a touch of fresh cut watermelon to excite your palate, 4.5% ABV
- 4042 Chocolate Stout – Milk stout brewed with cocoa nibs from Videri Chocolate in downtown Raleigh and infused with fresh vanilla bean to give it a smooth finish, 6.5% ABV
- Mango Fox Trot – Juicy IPA with notes of guava and ripe mangos 5.7% ABV
Holly Springs, NC
What is a “Bombshell”? One definition is an unexpected surprise! Craft beer is not just for guys! History tells us that brewing beer was traditionally a woman’s job. In fact, the creation of beer is credited to women! The goddess, Ninkasi is recognized for creating the oldest beer recipe in existence, dating back some 3900 years. Until Medieval times, it was the woman’s job to brew beer for the household and laws of that time stated that the tools of brewing were solely the woman’s property. Fast forward to modern times, the evolution of craft beer and the partnership of the original Bombshell Girls-Ellen Joyner, Jackie Hudspeth and Michelle Miniutti, three home brewers following their dreams. Together, they draw upon the power of their brains, beauty and beliefs that great brewing practices make for great beer and great times for all.
Stop in our beer cave to pick up these Bombshell Brews!
- Spell Caster Black Ale -Unique ale, light on palate with chocolate notes & subtle roastiness 5.0% ABV, 25 IBU
- Lady in Red – A malt forward amber brewed with German heritage grains & hops. Four different kettle additions of 3 different types of hops create complexity and smoothness 5.5% ABV, 21 IBU
- Head over Hops – Our IPA abounds with juicy notes of tropical fruit from both the late kettle and dry hop additions 6.9% ABV, 78 IBU
- Strawberries + Cream -This highly sessionable summer ale delivers fruit bursting flavor and a smooth, silky mouthfeel. With fresh berry aroma and perfect malty balance, this fruit beer delights all senses 5.0% ABV, 12 IBU
- Citra Pale Ale – an old forgotten friend, the American Pale Ale. We’ve given the old standby style a modern twist by featuring only Citra hops in the kettle and at dry hop 5.4% ABV, 32 IBU
Started in 2010, Fullsteam brews distinctinly southern beer that fosters agricultural pride and prospertiy in a post-tobacco North Carolina. By buying local to brew local, they aim to improve the quality of life of local farmers, foragers, and agricultural entrepreneurs. They seek to pioneer a South Beern Economy – one pint at a time. All of the beer contains at least 10% of local ingredietns by weight. Most are significantly higher than this.
Stop in our beer cave to pick up these Fullsteam Brews!
- Fox Fire – Aromatic hops with a bright tropical aroma 5.5% ABV
- Humidity – Hazy and slightly sticky, aromatic pale ale brewed with local triticale, a wheat/rye hybrid 6.0% ABV, 50 IBU
- Rocket Science – true-to-style IPA 7.0% ABV, 85 IBU
- Paycheck – southern-sourced pilsner with local barley and corn. 4.5% ABV, 35 IBU
- Southern Basil – Brewed with NC wheat and locally farmed basil 5.0% ABV
Stuart Arnold, as a home brewer with a passion for English beer, had an idea to take his home brewing to the next level. The craft brewery incorporates U.S. and U.K. ingredients for their English style craft beer. Opened in 2014, Fortnight Brewing Company specializes in UK-inspired beers. Its core beers include an English Ale, Porter, and ESB, which are all brewed with English grown ingredients and yeast.
Stop in our beer cave to pick up these Fortnight Brews!
- Be Spoke – this blonde is light, crisp & packed full of flavor, 5.0% ABV, 21 IBU, 5.5 SRM
- Call the Hops -Mosaic, Citra, and Amarillo hops – armed with flavor, 6.0% ABV,50 IBU, 13 SRM
- Coffee Amber Ale – easy drinking beer that takes advantage of specialty UK amber malts for distinctive taste and aroma, 5.5% ABV, 40 IBU,17 SRM
The list doesn’t stop here! Our beer cave is open 7 days a week and offers many more NC craft beers.